Monday, January 12, 2009

Next Up: Elliott Bay, Jan 15

This Thursday (Jan. 15), I'll be reading at Seattle's temple of books, Elliott Bay Book Co. in Pioneer Square. I've made many pilgrimages there to buy books and listen to authors over the years (Oliver Sacks, Carolyn Kizer, Denise Levertov, Tim Egan, Michael Kinsley are some that come to mind...). And once, at a reading, I even embarrassed myself by being that guy who asks the unintelligible question that goes on and on and on until the audience grows very restless...not my finest hour. Many times have I plotted publishing projects or talked with writers about stories in the store's downstairs cafe. It's got a different flavor, of course, than San Francisco's City Lights, but its just as much a part of Seattle's literary fabric and I'm pleased to get a chance to read there. The reading starts at 7:30pm.

And in case you missed it, the Seattle Times ran a Q&A interview with me that you might enjoy. I didn't get a chance to expand on my proposal for lutefisk testing stations on Washington's borders to help stem the tide of new settlers, but perhaps I will expand on that at the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment