Friday, January 2, 2009

"Pugetopolis" visits the Seattle Neighborhood Coalition, Jan. 10

On Saturday, Jan. 10 I will be guest speaker at the monthly meeting of the Seattle Neighborhood Coalition, a wonderful group of local activists, gadflies, citizens, and cranks who care deeply about Seattle. I feel I can say "cranks" because even my own publisher called me one! Needless to say, I feel very much at home with these folks.

They meet for breakfast the second Saturday of every month, at 9 am at the Salmon Bay Cafe (5109 Shilshole Ave. NW) in old Ballard. Attendees are expected to order their own breakfast (it's dutch) and often pepper guest speakers with informed questions and contrarian views. This is a group of mossbacks that's always up for fighting City Hall.

I'm bringing a few books to sell to the highest bidders. The meetings are always well-documented by Kent Kammerer who provides a full, entertaining account of what transpires for those who can't attend. But I hope you can.

A Footnote: The following day, Sunday, Jan. 11 at 3 pm I'll be giving my first-ever book reading, hosted by Eagle Harbor Book Co. on Bainbridge Island. I'll have more details on that a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment